Leaf vac trucks will be out each week for the duration of leaf-pick-up-season, which starts the first week of October and ends around mid-December, weather permitting.
Leaf piles must be no more than 6 feet from the street (due to the length of the vac truck hose) and without blocking any waterways or storm drains.
Residents are welcome to dispose of leaves at the Public Works Department, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., and on the 3rd Saturday of each month that Public Works is open, January through December.
If you dispose of your leaves at Public Works, please stop in the main office first presenting photo identification (driver’s license or a State issued photo ID) and/or a Cedar Lake utility bill that is issued from the Town (this is necessary for the event that one owns property in town but whose driver’s license states otherwise).
If leaves are brought in any container other than a brown yard waste bag, leaves must be dumped into the yard waste collection; leaves in brown paper yard waste bags may be left.
Leaf Collection Guidelines:
- Place the leaf piles along the curbside within six (6) feet of the street.
- Do not park vehicles within ten (10) feet of the leaf pile.
- Do not block waterways or drainage.
- Do not mix leaves with yard waste, branches, stones, or branches; leaf piles will be bypassed if any improper items are noticed.
- If you wish to bag leaves, use brown yard waste bags; we will not pick up leaves in any other container.
- Calling when yard work is completed is not necessary.
- Public Works has a regular route starting at one end of town and continuing to the other end of town until the entire town is picked up/serviced; the department will then start their route over again.
- Do not place leaves by mailboxes, trees, and power line guide wires or utility poles.