The Town of Cedar Lake Public Works is now taking applications for Parks & Open Space Laborer. Laborers are to perform maintenance and litter control for parks grounds, Open Spaces; and to perform specialized projects as assigned. This is a seasonal position with a possibility of becoming a part time position.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- At least one (1) year in landscaping related activities
- Be 18 yrs. of age
- Valid state driver’s license
- Landscaping, horticulture, lawn maintenance or grounds keeping activates
- Athletic field and park maintenance practices
- Upkeep of facilities and equipment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to lift, carry and push/pull objects up to 50 pounds. This is outside work in all weather conditions.
Applications can be picked up at Cedar Lake Public Works located at 8550 Lake Shore Drive or Cedar Lake Town Hall located at 7408 Constitution Ave. They must be submitted by Feb 28th at 12:00 pm.