Date: July 27, 2018
From: David D. Coulson, Chief of Police
The Cedar Lake Metropolitan Police Commission has approved to create a list for an emergency hire. The Police Department is now taking applications until Friday August 24th, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
- Applicants must be certified from an Indiana state accredited police academy.
- Candidates must be at least 21 years old. Applicants must already be in the Public Employment -Retirement Fund (PERF) or be able to pass all physical requirements to enter into PERF.
- A high School diploma or GED equivalent is required. An associate or bachelor’s degree is desired but not required.
- Candidates can pick up applications at the Cedar Lake Police Department located at 7408 Constitution, Cedar Lake, IN, 46303 or download here.
- Applications must either be hand delivered to the Police Department or mailed/received by Friday, August 24th, 2018, at 4:30 p.m.
- Depending on experience, training, and education there is a potential of a lateral transfer with the starting salary up to $50,795.16 in additional to benefits.
- The Cedar Lake Police Department is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. The Cedar Lake Police Department prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
- The Cedar Lake Police Department conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
- For more information, you may call The Cedar Lake Police Department at (219) 374-5416 Ext. 118 or email Deputy Chief Carl Brittingham at email@example.com.
- Police Officer Application