The Cedar Lake Public Works Department collects tree branches once each month starting the first business day in April and ending December 1st, weather permitting. The town will be done in its entirety within the first 10 business days of the month, April through December. This means that it may take less than 10 days to complete branch pickups but should not take any longer than 10 days, weather permitting. It is very important to have branches ready by 7:00am by the first business day of each month.
Leaf piles must be no more than 6 feet from the street (due to the length of the vac truck hose) and without blocking any waterways or storm drains. Residents are welcome to dispose of leaves at the Public Works Department, Mondays through Fridays from 7am to 3pm. If you’d like to dispose of your leaves at Public Works, please stop in the main office first and present your driver’s license and or your most recent Cedar Lake utility bill.
Leaf Collection Guidelines:
- Place the leaf piles along the curbside within six (6) feet of the street.
- Do not park vehicles within ten (10) feet of the leaf pile.
- Do not block waterways or drainage.
- Do not mix leaves with yard waste, branches, stones or branches; leaf piles will be bypassed if any improper items are noticed.
- If you wish to bag leaves, use brown yard waste bags; we will not pick up leaves in any other container.
- Calling when yard work is completed is not necessary.
- Public Works has a regular route starting at one end of town and continuing to the other end of town until the entire town is picked up/serviced; the department will then start their route over again.
- Do not place leaves by mailboxes, trees and power line guide wires or utility poles.