Public Works Department
The Town of Cedar Lake Public Works is accepting applications for Parks & Open Space Laborers as well as Public Works Part-time Laborers. Laborer responsibilities may overlap between these departments which would entail general and regular maintenance of parks grounds and Town owned property, performing specialized projects as assigned and providing regular services for the community including but not limited to branch or leaf pickups.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- At least one (1) year in general maintenance and or landscaping related activities
- Be 18 yrs. of age
- Valid state driver’s license
- Willingness to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Landscaping, horticulture, lawn maintenance or grounds keeping activates
- General maintenance experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to lift, carry, bend, kneel and push/pull objects up to 50 pounds. This is outside work in all weather conditions.
Applications must be submitted to Town Hall at 7408 Constitution Avenue, only.
Applications can be picked up at Cedar Lake Public Works located at 8550 Lake Shore Drive, Cedar Lake Town Hall located at 7408 Constitution Ave or online at the link below: