The Town of Cedar Lake Public Works is now taking applications for Parks & Open Space Laborer. Laborers are to perform maintenance and litter control for parks grounds, Open Spaces; and to perform specialized projects as assigned. This is a seasonal position with a possibility of becoming a part time position.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- At least one (1) year in landscaping related activities
- Be 18 yrs. of age
- Valid state driver’s license
- Willingness to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Landscaping, horticulture, lawn maintenance or grounds keeping activates
- Athletic field and park maintenance practices
- Upkeep of facilities and equipment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to lift, carry, bend, kneel and push/pull objects up to 50 pounds. This is outside work in all weather conditions.
Applications can be picked up at Cedar Lake Public Works located at 8550 Lake Shore Drive, Cedar Lake Town Hall located at 7408 Constitution Ave or online at the link below:
They must be submitted by Aug. 11th, 2017 at 12:00 pm to one of the above locations or to email@example.com