The Cedar Lake Public Works Department collects tree branches once each month starting the first business day in April and ending December 1st, weather permitting. The town will be done in its entirety within the first 10 business days of the month, April through December. It is very important to have branches ready by 7:00am by the first of each month.
Residents are welcome to dispose of branches at the Public Works Department, Mondays through Fridays from 7am to 3pm. If you’d like to dispose of your branches at Public Works, please stop in the main office first and present your driver’s license and or your most recent Cedar Lake utility bill.
Branch Collection Guidelines
- For safety reasons, branches must be at least 48 inches in length. Anything shorter is consider yard waste and should be cut up and deposited in the regular weekly trash collection.
- The Town’s chipping equipment can safely process branches up to 8 inches in diameter.
- Grass, bricks, stones, metal objects, stumps or branches larger than 8 inches in diameter should not be placed in branch piles. These materials can damage the chipping equipment, which could result in injury to a Town employee.
- Branch piles will be bypassed and will receive a door hanger if any improper items are noticed.
- Please do not mix leaves or yard waste and branches together.
- Please do not bundle branches or place them in containers or bags.
- Do not place branches by mailboxes, waterways, drainage or utility poles.
- Calling when yard work is completed is not necessary.
- Public Works has a regular route starting at one end of town and continuing to the other end of town until the entire town is picked up/serviced.