In this Department...
In order to prevent burglary to motor vehicles please note the following crime prevention tips:
- Lock your car doors
- Park in your driveway or a well-lit area
- Remove your valuables from the passenger compartment or lock them in your trunk out of public view
- Report suspicious activity or vehicles immediately to the police
Be Aware of Possibility of Identity Theft
Do not become a victim of identity theft. Safeguard your name, address, date of birth, Social Security number and bank account numbers.
Criminals obtain your personal information by:
- Theft of your wallet or purse
- Sorting through your garbage
- Theft from your mailbox
- Information stored on your personal computer via the internet
- Obtaining your credit report
- Theft of your account numbers and passwords
- Forging your signature
- Reproducing your checks
- Email and internet scams
- Looking over your shoulder while you make a retail purchase or use the ATM machine
How Can I Report Potential Criminal Activity?
By filling out the forms below you can help us prevent crime: